Cyberland... I need your help!
I'm so excited that my school is starting the Leader in Me program this year. I was part of the lighthouse team that was trained in the 7 habits this summer and I can't wait to get started at school. I just know this will make a difference in my classroom, the school culture, and my student's lives. Thrilled!
We are using our first few PD days at school to train the rest of the staff and get everyone on board. This year our main goal is to get the staff jazzed about the idea and begin using the language with our students to lay some groundwork. Next year will be the big roll out.
Me, however, I really want to start trying out some aspects of the program. Baby steps for sure, but I want to get involved. So... I need help on data notebooks. Bloggie friends out there, I need your advice.
1) When and how do you launch the data notebook?
2) Do your kids take it too and from school everyday?
3) How is the notebook set up? Do you use tabs? (I was thinking I would have an area for reading goals and data, math goals and data, etc.)
4) Do you create everything you put into the notebooks? If so, what does it look like?
5) How often do you have your students update their notebooks? Is it something that is constantly being pulled out and used. I have images of this being a hassle at the beginning but that once kids know how it works that it would be pretty natural. Plus, we are working on independent and responsibility, so it would be great if they would just start pulling it out and updating in on own. Thoughts and experiences with this?
6) Finally, I bought some floppy binders (cheaper) but I am starting to worry that I need something more substantial. What do you think?
Here are some websites I have been looking at to try and get inspired. Many of the notebooks are set up differently and vary in design and style. I'm so overwhelmed. Thanks for your help and guidance in advance.