July 27, 2011

Great Resource for Reader's Notebooks!

While blog surfing this evening, I read a post on Once Upon A Teaching Blog about reader’s notebooks and it reminded me of this fantastic book.  So, I thought I would share.

Notebook Connections: Strategies for a Reader's Notebook
by Aimee Buckner


Buckner approaches the reader’s notebook like a writer's notebook. She teaches her students practical strategies to immerse themselves in the text and extend their thinking. The strategies have cool names like “The Fab Five” and “Leaning In.”  In addition, she has strategies that invite students to reflect on their reading. Yes! She also provides examples of student work and her rubric for how she uses the reader’s notebook for a grade.

Highly recommend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! So happy you found my blog...sad you missed the giveaway deadline. I will have more:) I now follow you! So excited to find another 4th grade teacher. I've only been blogging for a few months and when I started could only find a couple of 4th grade blogs.

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts!