July 27, 2011

Back to School Questionnaire

One of the first things I send home every year is my Parent/Guardian Confidential Questionnaire. The kids love this because I tell them "tonight... your parents have homework!" I am always amazed at the information and insights parents will provide you during that first week of school.  As all teachers know, the more you know and understand your students and families, the better!  I find the back particularly helpful and it often leads to follow up conversations in conferences or on the phone.  This has been a great way for me to get information (sometimes sensitive information) right as the year begins, instead of waiting for that first October conference.

Front
Back

Freebie
Parent Questionnaire.pdf

Let me know if you would like the document in word to tweak and modify.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda-
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. My school is a Leader in Me school. We started two or three years ago and we are slowly getting there. I did a 7 Habits snack mix on the first day of school last year and the kids loved it. You can use any trail mix recipe for it. My school has the workbooks that go with the 7 Habits so we use those some too. We do a lot of goal setting. We do pep rallies. You could do a bulletin board at your school with an animal print theme and feature kids being proactive, etc-"Spotted Being Proactive". In my room, I do a display for habit two- begin with the end in mind where I write our goal for reading, math etc for the week. I will try to post some more ideas and a picture of my habit wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda-
    I just discovered your blog! Its great!
    I was wondering if I could get a copy of your parent questionnaire in word. I love it!
    I wish you the best of luck this year!

    Michelle
    michellemayhood@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,
    I love the ideas on your blog. I am also requesting word documents for parent questionnaire and How do I learn? survey. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some truly fun and practical ideas to use in the classroom! I love them and will be using some of them.I am grateful for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts!