August 31, 2011

2011 Torn Paper Portraits Success

My class completed their Torn Paper Portraits this week. I love the way they turned out and was really proud of my kids.  It was very challenging for some, but they learned to let go, let art be art,  and fought the urge to pull out their scissors. For more information about this project, click here to see my original post.





My kiddos also wrote autobiography poems.  We are typing them in the computer lab tomorrow, so I'll post some examples when we get everything published.

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic! I love the idea and will definitely be doing this with my grade 4s the first week. When I taught Gr.1, we did a polar bear torn-art project. It is a real challenge for kids to just relax and enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts!