July 5, 2015

Patriotic Kaboom {Flash 4th of July Freebie}


Happy 5th of July everyone! I hope you all had a relaxing and wonderful 4th of July filled with good food, family & friends, fireworks, and lots of fun!

I don't know about you, but I'm still in a celebratory patriotic mood.  That's why I upgraded my Multiplication Kaboom game! #fireworksinspire #fireworksgokaboom

Photo Courtesy of http://www.vvng.com/2014-professional-firework-shows/

Happy Birthday America! Let's celebrate... Flash Freebie style!

For the next 2 days (July 5th & 6th) you can download my Multiplication Kaboom cards for FREE at my TPT store!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Patriotic-Kaboom-A-Multiplication-Game-1940955

Have you ever played Kaboom?!? It's super fun!! The best part about this game is it can be played practicing all different skills. Once your kids know how to play, the sky is the limit.This Multiplication Kaboom game focuses on multiplying large numbers and is mostly geared toward 4th and 5th grade.

Game Cards Included:
  • KABOOM! cards
  • 2 digit x 1 digit 
  • 3 digit x 1 digit
  • 2 digit x 2 digit
There are 16 multiplication game cards for each skill.  Skills can be played individually or all together. There are also 2 different styles of cards included in the set because choice is a good thing for teachers too. There is a basic rectangular game card for easy storage in baggies and long skinny game cards that fit nicely in refurbished chip cans.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Patriotic-Kaboom-A-Multiplication-Game-1940955https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Patriotic-Kaboom-A-Multiplication-Game-1940955


Game play is simple. Each player draws a card from the deck or from the Kaboom container. (I prefer the cards that can be stored in baggies because they take up less space and I just don't have space to spare in my classroom.) If the player draws a multiplication card they must solve the problem. Other players solve as well to check their work.

If the players solves correctly, they get to keep the card. If not, it goes back in the deck. However...and this is where the fun comes in, if a player draws a Kaboom card, they loose all cards previously earned and must return all cards to the deck and start collecting again. 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Patriotic-Kaboom-A-Multiplication-Game-1940955

And... that's it! It's a great game and has been a huge success in my classroom! Once your kids know how to play, you can adapt it to practice any skill you want. I included some blank card pages for you and/or students to come up with their own problems to add to the game.

I don't know about you, but I need low maintenance, easy to set up, easy to explain & use math games in my classroom. Kaboom fits all my needs and my students love LOVE it! The best part about this game is the game grows with them as their skills grow. I start with 2x1 digit multiplication for review and add game cards as we build our skills. It is also an easy game to differentiate for my students and a great tutoring activity!

Click any of the images of Multiplication Kaboom above to download this game and add it to your collection for the upcoming school year. You kids will love it and even though it has a patriotic theme, I think we can get away with it anytime, don't you?! #fireworksanytime

If you download, please don't forget to leave feedback. It is greatly appreciated and truly valued. If you have any questions or suggestions, just shoot me a quick email.

What other games do your students love to play to practice math skills and build mastery?

Thanks y'all and happy teaching!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts!