February 2, 2014

Boing! Bouncy Bands to the Rescue!


One of the many reasons I love blogging is getting to try awesome new products.  Especially products that jive so well with my teaching style and beliefs.  I am always looking for creative ways to help students focus and channel their extra energy in the classroom. 

You may remember that way back in 2011, I wrote about wiggle seats.
These bouncy wonders have helped some of my most impulsive students focus in the classroom over the years. Three years later, I still use them and my kids still love them. But, they don't work for everyone.

Enter... BOUNCY BANDS!
http://www.bouncybands.com/index.html

 Bouncy Bands are simple, easy to use, and the kids love them. I was invited to try out the "new & improved" Bouncy Band earlier this month.  My sample arrived quickly and took me about 15 seconds to install on a student desk.  Um...awesome!

Bouncy Bands are a basically a super tough rubber rope that slides on to the two front legs of a desk. Each band comes with two plastic tubes you can slide under the band to hold it up. The band creates a place for students to set their feet, swing their feet, or bounce their feet...all QUIETLY!

Here are 5 great benefits to using Bouncy Bands:
  • Students can stay focused and on task longer.
  • Students can release their anxiety and extra energy.
  • They are quiet! (This may be my favorite part.)
  • Students don't distract others as much. (Although, they all want one!)
  • Students don't get in as much trouble for being off-task making for a happy student and a happy teacher.
I have used the "new & improved" Bouncy Bands for a week and my only complaint is that I don't have more.  I have several more students who love to lean back in their chairs, tap their feet, and drum on their desk.  I know they would benefit from having a Bouncy Band put on their desk too.

I will say that the band works best for students who do not have another student sitting directly across from them. If you sit your students in groups, kiddos will swing their feet right into the shins of their classmate across the way. This is a lesson I learned the hard way, but it is easy to fix.

Bouncy Bands have proved to be another great tool for helping kids be kids in the classroom. I'm so grateful to Scott from Bouncy Bands for letting me try his innovative product.  Make sure to check out their website at www.bouncybands.com to learn more. I'll be placing my order for a few more very soon. :)

Boing! Boing! Boing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts!